Your single access point to films, images and texts from selected collections of 38 film archives across Europe
Fabrik Poldihütte [Archive Title]
Other title(s):Poldihütte Factory
Description:1. The Poldihütte administration building in Vienna.
2. Interior views of the offices.
3. The employees’ dining rooms.
4. The Poldihütte administration building in Berlin.
5. Interior views of the offices.
6. A rolling mill with automatic transport system.
7. A fine grinding rolling mill.
8. Cutting the rolled steel for the shells.
9. Pressing the shells.
10. Turning a gun barrel.
11. A shell turnery with 500 lathes that was built during the war and in which 1500 people work.
12. A shell is clamped into a turning lathe.
13. The shell is turned.
14. Measuring the turned shells.
15. Packing the shells.
16. Raw shells.
17. Loading the shells.
18. Loading the protective shields for infantry.
19. Lunch is delivered.
20. Sales of bread and flour for 15,000 people. Delivery is organised in such a way as to avoid crowds and long waiting even when demand is high. Even then, approximately 2,000 bread loaves and 800 kg of flour can be given out in small packages every hour.
Keywords:EFG1914 / World War I / Vienna; Berlin / Presentation of the Vienna and Berlin branch of the Factory Poldihütte; production, loading and packing of shells; sales of bread and flour for 15.000 people. / World War, 1914-1918 -- Austria / Germany / World War, 1914-1918 -- War work / Metalworking industries / Weapons industry