>> View FE collections on EFG Filmoteca Española is the Spanish national film archive under the direction of the Instituto de la Cinematografía y de las Artes Visuales (ICAA) of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports. The aims and activities of the Filmoteca Española are:
- To support, promote and plan Spanish film and audio-visual activities in the areas of production, distribution and screening.
- To recover, restore, preserve, research and disseminate film heritage.
- To contribute to the training of professionals in the different film disciplines.
- To maintain relations with international and foreign bodies and institutions with similar purposes.
- To co-operate with the Autonomous Communities in the area of film and audio-visual arts.
Within the ICAA, Filmoteca Española also manages:
- The recovery, preservation, restoration, documenting and cataloguing of the film heritage.
- The protection and custody of the film collection and other audiovisual works in any medium.
- The non-profit diffusion of the film heritage, through the screening of retrospectives, single films or any kind of exhibition, its publication in any medium or its diffusion through any activity considered appropriate.
- Research and promotion of research with special emphasis on Spanish cinema.
- The collaboration with the Spanish regional film archives and the archive members of the
- International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF).
- The contribution to the training in documentation, preservation and restoration of the film heritage.