Your single access point to films, images and texts from selected collections of 38 film archives across Europe
Other title(s):The Battle at the Isonzo
Description:1. Act One.
2. [SSS - infantry troops division to support the ordered operation on altitude 259 - artillery has to concentrate fire against altitude 205 at 6 o’clock in the morning - storm trooper operation to commence at 7:30 in the morning, at which time the artillery fire is to be moved against the western and north-western positions at altitude 205 – 27th army corps. Op. No. 622.]
3. With the first storm patrol, the cameraman also moves into the entrenched position.
4. His Majesty Emperor Karl IV observes the fierce battle.
5. …our allied forces advance at the Isonzo. Italian prisoners in a mass assembly centre.
6 .Through Udine.
7. Whilst our forces advance, thousands of Italian prisoners are transferred behind the front lines.
Keywords:EFG1914 / World War I / King Karl IV / Austro-Hungarian troops; Battle at the Isonzo; War reporters preparing; Waterplanes; Preparing the enforcements; Wounded soldiers; Italian prisoners / Isonzo; Udine; Trieste; Castle Miramar / Italy / Politics and war / Armed Forces Mobilization / World War, 1914-1918 -- Medical care / Prisoners of war / War and society