Your single access point to films, images and texts from selected collections of 38 film archives across Europe
Messter Woche 1915. No. 14
Other title(s):Messter Week 1915. No. 14
Description:1. Egypt: Life in the Australian troops’ bivouac shelters, the pyramids in the background.
2. Athens: Parade in front of the King of Greece.
3. War reports from the East.
4. Russian prisoners in Działdowo.
5. Transporting forage to the firing line.
6. Loading the wagons of the artillery and cavalry in Łódź.
7. War reports from the West.
8. Due to frequent espionage, control in the enemy territory is very severe. Photographed by Martin Kopp.
9. A paramedics company receives new clothes. Photographed by Martin Kopp.
10. Hustle and bustle during the Sunday church service in a French village. Photographed by Martin Kopp.
11. Lieutenant-commander Weddigen sets off in his submarine to new adventures. Special footage from our correspondent.
12. The captain with his faithful crew. Special footage from our correspondent.
13. Lieutenant-commander Weddigen prepares for departure and gives the officers their last orders. Special footage from our correspondent.
14. Departure. Special footage from our correspondent.
Keywords:EFG1914 / World War I / Captain Otto Weddigen; King Constantine I of Greece / Egypt; Athens; Działdowo (Poland); Łódź (Poland); France / Australian Soldiers in Egypt; Parade in Athens in front of the King of Greece; Russian prisoners in Działdowo: Captain Weddingen on his submarine ready for departure / World War, 1914-1918 -- France / World War, 1914-1918 -- Greece / World War, 1914-1918 -- Poland / World War, 1914-1918 -- Equipment and supplies / Submarine warfare / Prisoners of war