Your single access point to films, images and texts from selected collections of 38 film archives across Europe
Messter Woche 1915. No. 16
Other title(s):Messter Week 1915. No. 16
Description:1. Batumi: The Russian trade steamer that was sunk by the Turks.
2. War reports from the West. / Primitive manufacture of wax candles for the trenches. Photographed by Martin Kopp.
3. Coast guards sound the alarm to bombard the English torpedo hunters. Special footage from our correspondent.
4. In the best of spirits, despite all the hard work! Special footage from our correspondent.
5. Anti-balloon cannon in front of the pier. Special footage from our correspondent.
6. Our “blue coats” taking a lunch break at the coast. Special footage from our correspondent.
7. War reports from the East. / A Prussian assault infantry regiment marching to the trenches.
8. Pioneers during the clean-up operations in Działdowo.
9. Easter gifts are distributed to our troops.
10. Pioneers during the construction of a bridge for trucks.
11. The first transportation across the finished bridge.
12. A firing squad taking cover. Photographed by Martin Kopp.
13. Sven Hedin, the famous Swedish explorer, on the Eastern front. Special footage from our correspondent.
14. General Field Marshall von Hindenburg with his staff, among them Lieutenant General von Ludendorff, the General Field Marshall’s chief of general staff.
Keywords:EFG1914 / World War I / Sven Hedin; Paul von Hindenburg; Erich von Ludendorff / Batumi (Georgia); Działdowo (Poland) / Sunk Russian trade steamer; pioneers at the cleaning-up operations in Działdowo; pioneers at the construction of a bridge; Sven Hedin at the Eastern front; General Field Marshall von Hindenburg with his staff, among them Lieutenant General von Ludendorff / World War, 1914-1918 -- Poland / World War, 1914-1918 -- Turkey / Politics and war / Military offenses / Bridges -- War damage / World War, 1914-1918 / City and town life / Turkey -- History -- Revolution, 1918-1923