Your single access point to films, images and texts from selected collections of 38 film archives across Europe
Messter Woche 1915. No. 5
Other title(s):Messter Week 1915. No. 5
Description:1. Italy: A sailing ship loaded with contraband that sank whilst being chased by English war ships.
2. The aftermath of the earthquake disaster in Italy.
3. The last shots of the German cruiser S.M.S. "Blücher", which was sunk in a sea battle that took place near Helgoland on the 24th of January.
4. War reports from the West.
5. The exemplary organisation of our “blue coats” as they tend to the wounded in Flanders. Special footage from our correspondent.
6. The marine paramedics company receives an alarm. Special footage from our correspondent.
7. The carriers set out to the battlefield in the dunes. Special footage from our correspondent.
8. The group leaders scan the area and summon the carriers. Special footage from our correspondent.
9. After receiving first aid, the wounded are carried immediately to the military hospital. Special footage from our correspondent.
10. The medical service dog "Strolch" discovers a casualty… Special footage from our correspondent.
11. … and fetches the people from the ambulance… Special footage from our correspondent.
12. "Strolch" has saved the lives of many of our brave ones… Special footage from our correspondent.
Keywords:EFG1914 / World War I / Italy, Flanders / A sailing shop loaded with contraband sank during a chase by English war ships, damages after an earthquake in Italy, last cinematographic recordings of the S.M.S. Blücher, demonstration of the wounded care of the German army / Italy / World War, 1914-1918 -- Health aspects / Belgium -- History -- German occupation, 1914-1918