Your single access point to films, images and texts from selected collections of 38 film archives across Europe
Messter Woche 1915. No. 8
Other title(s):Messter Week 1915. No. 8
Description:1. Stuttgart: The first monument to Hindenburg in Germany…
2. … is made of snow.
3. Cairo: The crowning of the new Sultan of Egypt.
4. Batumi: The radio station that was destroyed by the Turks.
5. War reports from the East.
6. German troops on the market place in Bolimów.
7. Tea being served to German soldiers on the street in Poland.
8. War reports from the West.
9. The impact of a 42cm shell. Special footage from our correspondent.
10. A patrol crawls up to the enemy’s barbed wire fence and destroys it. Photographed by Martin Kopp.
11. Our soldiers as they thresh grain in enemy territory. The grain is used to make bread for the poor population in wartime. Photographed by Martin Kopp.
12. The heir to the Austrian throne pays a visit to His Majesty the German Emperor at the front. Special footage from our correspondent.
Keywords:EFG1914 / World War I / Sultan Hussain Kamel, Franz Ferdinand, Wilhelm II. / Stuttgart, Kairo, Batum, Bolimów / Iceskaing and ice monument of Hindenburg, Coronation of the new Sultan of Egypt, German troops on the market place of Bolimów, The Austrian heir to the throne is paying a visit to His Majesty the German Emperor at the front line / World War, 1914-1918 -- Poland / Germany / Food supply / Civilians in war / Agriculture