Your single access point to films, images and texts from selected collections of 38 film archives across Europe
Stapellauf des letzten Großkampfschiffes der östr. ung. Kriegsmarine ›Szent István‹ am 17. Jänner 1914 in Fiume
Other title(s):Launch of the Last Capital Ship of the Austro-Hungarian Navy, “Szent István”, on 17th January 1914 in Fiume
Description:1. Launch of the Last Capital Ship of the Austro-Hungarian Navy, “Szent István”, on 17th January 1914 in Fiume
2. Launch preparations. The ship is lifted…
3. … in order to remove the supports.
4. The bare tracks are soaped once more in order to facilitate a smoother glide.
5. Ship ready for launch!
6. The launch viewed from the other side.
7. The deserted tracks with the hydraulic press, which set the ship moving with a thrust of 200 tonnes.
8. The slipway is flooded in order to remove the gate.
9. Shift change! Work on the construction of the ship is carried out day and night. One shift leaves, the new one arrives.
10. Sea trial.
Keywords:EFG1914 / World War I / Fiume (Italy) / Launch of the Austro-Hungarian sea vessel "Szent István" on 17th January 1914; construction of the ship; sea trial. / Italy / Armed Forces Mobilization / World War, 1914-1918 -- Transportation